FOD Mini Combination Cup Semi-Final

Cinderford Bucks entertained Drybrook 3rds in the FOD Mini Combination cup semi-final on Saturday. This eagerly awaited game was enjoyed by a large bank holiday crowd in the sunshine. With the home team taking the spoils to challenge Berry Hill Wappers for the cup on Sun 26th Apr.

The Bucks started slowly allowing Drybrook to capitalise on silly mistakes. The first points went to Drybrook with a converted penalty in front of the posts. After 10 minutes the Bucks started to settle down and put some good phases together, resulting in no 8 James Taylor pushing over in the corner for the first try of the game. The Bucks tails were now up and it wasn’t long before they had a penalty awarded in front of the posts for Drybrook coming in at the side of the ruck. Ryan Walding converted to make it 8 3. However Drybrook rallied and got a further penalty to bring the scores to 8 6. The Bucks were now starting to run the ball with great affect and it wasn’t long before the backs got in on the show. After a kick through from Drybrook Winger Tom Reynolds ran the ball back at them avoiding numerous challenges to finaly get tackled on the half way line and being taken into touch. Further backs moves saw full back Ryan Walding joining the line to create the extra man creating a simple 2 on 1 giving winger Tom Reynolds an easy run in under the posts. The try was converted bringing the score to 15 6. The Bucks had not finished in this half and some fine forward play driving Drybrook back into their own 22 then on to within their 5 meter line, allowed scrum half Dan Nicholls to storm over for a further 5 points to bring the half time score to 20 6 to the Bucks.

Second half saw the Bucks take the game straight back to Drybrook. From the kick off they gained possession just outside the Drybrook 22 and with some fine forward play giving scrum half the platform to go over for his second try of the match. Drybrook didn’t have an answer with what was being thrown at them and although they managed to stem the tide for a period, it didn’t stop the Bucks going over for the try of the match from winger Tom Reynolds who after some fine passing from the backs, got the ball on the half way line and ran past a 2 Drybrook defenders to score under the posts showing some blistering pace. This was again converted to bring the score to 32 6. Drybrook didn’t give up and continued to try and make a game of it up to the final whistle having a good try disallowed. Final score Cinderford Bucks 32 Drybrook 3rds 6. The Bucks will now meet Berry Hill Wappers in the final on their ground on Sunday 26th Apr.