[nggallery id=32]

The Cinderford under 11’s travelled to Rendcomb collage in Cirencester to take part in the Land Rover cup.

Cinderford group was not going to be easy, with only 3 subs and a possible 6 games ahead the team was going to have to dig deep!

Up 1st on pitch 2 Cinderford took on Tewksbury, the first half was plagued by dropped balls, cold hands and injury with hooker Angus King being treated for a neck injury and a trip to hospital, but Cinderford managed to lead at half time with a try from Charlie Mai Manns. With Cinderford now warmed up the 2nd half saw tries from Harry Taylor, Freddie Knight and Morgan Embling.
A great start for Cinderford and a 20 – 0 win.

The 2nd game and a change of pitch saw Cinderford take on a strong Clifton side. In this tight encounter Clifton defence withstood Cinderford attack but it was to be Charlie Mai Manns to break the deadlock and score the winning try! Cinderford win 5 – 0

The 3rd and final heat game against Cirencester on pitch 2 was to be the decider for Cinderford, a win would secure a quarter final place. Cinderford started strong and were hungry for the win. Cinderford triumphed with tries from Morgan Embling, Harry Taylor, Jay Watkins, Zac Littlefair and Henry Godwin. Cinderford were through to the quarter final with a 25 – 5 victory.

The quarter final against a well drilled Old Pats side was going to be entertaining, Cinderford were fired up for this game and defended well but attacked with pace with inform centre Charlie Mai Manns scoring two. More tries followed from Henry Godwin and Harry Taylor. A superb display from Cinderford strong forward pack helped them to a 20 – 0 win.

Cinderford have made the semi finals!

An unknown stow on the wold stood between Cinderford and the cup final. The pressure was on and with two early tries from Stow saw Cinderford on the back foot and having to battle there way back into the game. Powerful forward Morgan Embling started the come back by breaking through the Stow defence, Cinderford were back in the game! Winger Jamie Evans grabbed the equaliser with only a few minutes to go, Cinderford attacked hard and scored but the try was disallowed. Cinderford attacked again and won a penalty as the ref signals the last play of the game Cinderford played some excellent rugby and superb passing saw influential Harry Taylor score the winning try!

The final whistle blows and Cinderford have made the Land Rover cup final.

The final was a heat rematch against Clifton RFC, Cinderford came out of the blocks fast and were determined to score 1st. Centre Freddie Knight seized the opportunity and crossed the try line, with the Clifton boys struggling to cope with the hunger and desire from Cinderford, fly half Zac Littlefair made some space to score the 2nd try of the game. Cinderford continue there attack with Morgan Embling scoring the last try of the game and securing the game and the cup! Cinderford win 15 – 0

Cinderford had done it, Land Rover cup winners and some really happy kids, coaches and parents. A great day had by all!

Read the Premiership Rugby write up here: http://www.premiershiprugby.com/community/programmes/lrpc/23965.php