Playing their final National League One match of the season at Mowden Park’s impressive Northern Echo Arena, Cinderford played their part in an entertaining match and will feel that the final score line did not fully reflect their efforts.

The home side opened the scoring when Simon Uzokwe touched down from a lineout catch and drive, with Chris Auld converting.  The visitors responded well, but a loose pass resulted in Seb Ferreira being gifted the simplest of scores.  Rob Conquest scored a third try for Park, when the ball was turned over near the half-way line, with Auld converting to make it 17-0 after 25 minutes of play.

James Moffat then landed a penalty for Cinderford, before he converted a well taken try from second-row Roger Birkin.  A crucial stage of the match evolved just before half-time when the visitors failed to grasp the opportunity to draw level and Park broke away from deep inside their own territory to score through Pete Homan, which Auld again converted.

Cinderford were in the ascendancy after the interval and they reduced the deficit when Adam Balding went over from a catch and drive.  Park responded with two tries in as many minutes through Jake Henry and Jacob Woodhouse, both of which were converted by Tom Appleby.

Back came Cinderford again with Lloyd Stapleton scoring wide out, and Mike Wilcox landing the conversion.
However two further tries in the closing stages from Park, for Callum Mackenzie and a second from Uzokwe, both converted by Appleby wrapped up things for the hosts and brought a disappointing season to an end for Cinderford.

Cinderford; Mike Wilcox (Capt.), George Mills, Sam Baker, Sam Hanks, Lloyd Stapleton, Clive Stuart-Smith, Dan Pointon, Will Goodrick-Clarke, Tom Bozzard, Elliot Booley, Roger Birkin, Milo Reynolds, Adam Balding, Davy McGregor, Matt Lane. Reps: Dan Keat, Marcus Brown, Dale Lemon, Harrison Yorke, James Moffat.


The Bucks lifted the FOD Minor Cup with an excellent victory over Drybrook Extras.  Tom Ward, Tom Reynolds, Ryan Walding and Dan Cooper scored their tries, with Walding kicking three conversions.


The United lost their grip on the FOD Senior Cup when Newent landed an injury time penalty to win the trophy for the first time.  Marcus Brown and Harrison Yorke scored their tries, with Ollie Whiting kicking a conversion and three penalties.