Fylde full-back Warren Spragg scored four second-half tries to end Cinderford’s brave challenge and condemn them to another National League One defeat.

In dull but mild conditions at The Woodlands ground the first-half proved to be a very evenly contested affair, with the home sides’ only score being a disputed try from winger Ollie Brennand after 18 minutes of play. The referee appeared to be playing advantage to the visitors following a knock-on, but when they too lost possession, he allowed play to continue and a kick into the corner saw Brennand beat the cover defence to touchdown, with Chris Johnson adding the conversion.
Cinderford replied with a penalty from Mark Davies to open their account before half-time, and he was on target again early in the second-half to make it 7-6, following an impressive surge towards the try-line by his forwards. But that was as good as it got for the Foresters as Spragg took centre stage to completely take the match away from them.

Straight from the re-start a kick ahead bounced kindly for the full-back and he raced clear to score, with Johnson converting. Worse was to follow for Cinderford, when play re-started after a lengthy delay for an injury to their young winger Charlie Norman, Fylde swept up field with a tremendous bout of handling and Spragg was again the man to go over with Johnson converting.  Cinderford looked to have scored a try through replacement Alex Frame, but he was adjudged to have knocked on as he touched the ball down by the officials. The impressive Spragg added two more tries after 70 and 75 minutes of play, both of which were converted by Johnson, before Cinderford did get the consolation of a try from Frame, just before the final whistle.

Cinderford: – Mike Wilcox, Sam Baker, Al Bryan, Jack Adams, Charlie Norman, Mark Davies, Clive Stuart-Smith, Jake Caulfield, Luke Cole, Elliot Booley, Lance Randall, Milo Reynolds, Roger Birkin, George Mills, George Evans.
Replacements all used; Chris Bundy, Dave Wheeler, Marcus Brown, Alex Frame, Stef Hawley.